On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 2:18 PM, Patrick Julien <pjul...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to migrate to EntityProxyId and all I can get is
>
> java.lang.AssertionError: encodedId required

When do you get this? What did you call? Presuming you got it by calling
stableId on a proxy, where did that proxy come from?

> I can my response from from AbstractRequest.handleResponseText, I do
> get the response I expect out of the server, but obviously without any
> kind of encoded id in the payload.
>
> I added
>
> EntityProxyId<Type> stableId();
>
> to Type

FYI, that's strictly a convenience to yourself, to avoid casting. It will
work whether or not you add that line.

> Anything else I need to do to enable this functionality?

There's nothing to enable, it's all built in. Every instance of EntityProxy
responds to stableId().