http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/959801/diff/4001/5001
File
user/src/com/google/gwt/requestfactory/server/JsonRequestProcessor.java
(right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/959801/diff/4001/5001#newcode78
user/src/com/google/gwt/requestfactory/server/JsonRequestProcessor.java:78:
this.version = givenVersion;
version = jsonObject.has(Constants.ENCODED_VERSION_PROPERTY) ?
jsonObject.getString(Constants.ENCODED_VERSION_PROPERTY) : null;

For that matter, do you even need the has() call? Will getString return
null if it isn't set?

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/959801/diff/4001/5001#newcode1371
user/src/com/google/gwt/requestfactory/server/JsonRequestProcessor.java:1371:
// handle DELETE
What are you fixing by getting rid of the write operation check?

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/959801/diff/4001/5002
File
user/test/com/google/gwt/requestfactory/server/JsonRequestProcessorTest.java
(right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/959801/diff/4001/5002#newcode150
user/test/com/google/gwt/requestfactory/server/JsonRequestProcessorTest.java:150:
public void testEndToEndSmartDiff_NoChange() throws Exception {
It looks like you're testing the version code path, but no longer
testing the non-version code path? Until we delete the latter, we should
maintain its coverage.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/959801/diff/4001/5003
File user/test/com/google/gwt/requestfactory/server/SimpleFoo.java
(right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/959801/diff/4001/5003#newcode200
user/test/com/google/gwt/requestfactory/server/SimpleFoo.java:200:
s1.isChanged = false;
This is pointless, it defaults to false.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/959801/diff/4001/5003#newcode206
user/test/com/google/gwt/requestfactory/server/SimpleFoo.java:206:
s2.isChanged = false;
ditto

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/959801/diff/4001/5003#newcode283
user/test/com/google/gwt/requestfactory/server/SimpleFoo.java:283: *
increment version numbers.
Won't be able to use autobean, this is  a JRE class. Wasn't thinking.

Document that it is only set by setUserName and the other one.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/959801/show