@All

I replaced the array T[] by a List<T> and I still get the same OOME.

ResultNode<?>> by
public class ResultNode<T extends IResultNode> implements IResultNode
and
public interface IResultNode extends Result

=> this still produces the error

2) when you replace the array T[] by a List<T>
=> still the same error

Thus my conclusion : the only way to avoid this error is to avoid the
usage of generics in a Serializable type (used in a RPC call)

HTH
Yves