All google3 projects are being switched to xsiframe in a few weeks
(currently blocked by lack of a Blaze push).  Deprecation/deletions of
other linkers for regular GWT will soon follow, but to be honest, will
be a GWT 3.0 thing at the very earliest.

It's not a burning issue, but I do recommend that you do not switch to
the xs linker at this point. It doesn't install in an iframe, and
switching from being iframe installed vs. not has proven painful for
some teams.  Right now - if you're using the std linker (default),
your compliant with being installed in an iframe, so if you start
using xs, pick up some code dependencies that assume non-iframe, and
then need to switch back to iframe based (xsiframe), you may see some
issues.  Or maybe not....

It's also possible that xs does not support DevMode - I can't remember
off the top of my head.  If you care about that, then xsiframe
definitely does support it.

- Unnur