I could do that. One concern I have though with this approach is that the
state exposed in HtmlContext would get more complicated.  Right now, code
using the parser can simply do a switch statement over the contexts (see
SafeHtmlTemplatesImplMethodCreator#emitParameterExpression); if we make the
state "multi-dimensional", client code would likely get more complicated.

What do you think?