You're working too hard in IE. You don't need to create the entire table,
you can create fragments so long as you're doing it inside a <div>

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 1:21 PM, <jlaba...@google.com> wrote:

> committed as r10218 before I read Ray's comment.
>

> On 2011/05/24 20:06:24, rjrjr wrote:
>
>> Rather than detaching, could you render the new contents in a hidden
>>
> div and
>
>> then replace the tbody?
>>
> I suppose that would work too, but the bug is only in Firefox 3.6 and
> earlier.  I'm not sure it would make much of a difference because we
> still end up with a detach, and attach, and an innerHTML call.

I don't follow your logic here. Couldn't you say the same about the entire
optimization? And FF 3.6 is (unfortunately) still a pretty big browser
base.

>  IE is a little tricky about doing this kind of thing with table
>>
> elements,
>
>> but HTMLPanel.HTMLPanel(String, String) shows the workaround for that
>>
> (just
>
>> render inside a div and all is forgiven).
>>
> That's an understatement.  You cannot remove a tbody in IE, nor can you
> set its innerHTML.  Instead, we create a new table in a detached div, as
> you suggest, then move every row from the new tbody into the existing
> tbody.

Wow, that's horrible.