LGTM with a few comments.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1448808/diff/8042/dev/core/src/com/google/gwt/dev/javac/CompilationStateBuilder.java
File dev/core/src/com/google/gwt/dev/javac/CompilationStateBuilder.java
(right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1448808/diff/8042/dev/core/src/com/google/gwt/dev/javac/CompilationStateBuilder.java#newcode351
dev/core/src/com/google/gwt/dev/javac/CompilationStateBuilder.java:351:
// them out.
I'm confused about this. I see what looks like code for supporting this
in UnitCache/PersistentUnitCache, but I'm not sure it's wired up. Should
this be using unitCache.addArchivedUnit() ?

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1448808/diff/8042/dev/core/src/com/google/gwt/dev/javac/CompilationUnitArchive.java
File dev/core/src/com/google/gwt/dev/javac/CompilationUnitArchive.java
(right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1448808/diff/8042/dev/core/src/com/google/gwt/dev/javac/CompilationUnitArchive.java#newcode69
dev/core/src/com/google/gwt/dev/javac/CompilationUnitArchive.java:69: *
the same order every time so that the output is deterministic.
Stale comment.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1448808/