Just out of curiosity, does this have to defeat the compiler optimisations?
Isn't it known at compile time that those setters will always return the
same Style instance? In that sense, from the compiler's point of view, isn't
the situation with the setter returning the Style the same as the situation
with getStyle() returning the Style?