I'll reiterate my question: is there any plan to move to js-ctypes? or
is there some better alternative? or are binary components and
recompiling every 6 weeks a necessary evil?

I mean, have you looked at the problem yet? and if so what's the
outcome? and is there a plan on your side?

If you believe js-ctypes could work, but do not have time/resources to
invest in moving to them, then maybe I could try it on my side. But if
you already looked at it and know that js-ctypes won't work, then I
won't invest time. And if you have a plan to do the move on your side,
then I'll wait too.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1589803/diff/1/plugins/xpcom/Makefile
File plugins/xpcom/Makefile (right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1589803/diff/1/plugins/xpcom/Makefile#newcode138
plugins/xpcom/Makefile:138: MOZALLOC_DLLFLAGS = -lmozalloc
In http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1560803/ we talked about
refactoring the MOZALLOC_DLLFLAGS, MOZJS_DLLFLAGS and ALLARCHCFLAGS
before the 'ifeq ($(BROWSER),FF40)' (just after line 94) instead of
copy/pasting them in each version.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1589803/