I use version 1.1.5.  For the most part I think it works great.  They
did several things that allow you to easily integrate your custom code
with the auto generated code.  The two big issues I have are trying to
override a user interface field (for instance using a text area
instead of a text box), and extending ApplicationRequestFactory.
Also, I can't use GWT 2.4 because the the auto generated code uses the
deprecated version of RequestFactory.