On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 4:41 AM, Alexander Orlov
<alexander.or...@loxal.net>wrote:

> In Java, *Integer* is an object and can be set to null whereas *int *is a
> primitive and cannot be set to null.
>
> In RequestFactory only the wrapped versions of primitives (= objects) are
> allowed. So you might use *Boolean* and *Integer* but not *boolean* and *
> int*. In GWT you can use both but *does is affect the generated
> JavaScript code whether you use Integer or int*?

Just like in Java, the primitive is more efficient than the object wrapper.
 However, whenever you use them as a type parameter to a generic type, you
have to use the wrapper type.

It might be possible to replace the object wrapper with the primitive in
some cases in the generated code, but I don't know if the compiler
currently does or under what circumstances.

> In Java *final* is used to declare immutable values. Often it has a
> positive impact on the execution performance. Also the usage of *final*
> enforces
> good programming style (values cannot be reassigned which makes the code
> easier to comprehend & maintain). *But which impact does the usage of
> final has on the generated JavaScript code?*
>
> JS doesn't have an equivalent of final so it makes no direct difference in
the generated JS, but it could affect optimizations done by the compiler
which would lead to different generated code.

--
John A. Tamplin
Software Engineer (GWT), Google