On 2012/02/13 21:21:54, conroy wrote:
FYI

can you provide some more context on the problem and why this fixes
it?

Note taht FF has poor handling of switching down between incompatible
versions
in the same install location. So, if you point 3.6 at a user directory
that had
7 installed, it will ask you to reinstall all your plugins--even the
backwards
compatible ones. But, if you just have a naked 3.6 install and then
upgrade,
you're fine.

I am actually not really sure myself. I added what I know in the comment
which basically came from trail-and-error.

I am going to try opening an issue with them and see what they said. I
saw a few related issue about infinite restarts that was fixed in later
version of add-on manager.

I did all my tests on clean profiles (wiping ~/.mozilla)

-Alan

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1642803/