Hey,

Digging around today, I noticed that awhile ago isOrHasChild was
specialized per-browser, but not for webkit/safari due to at that time
(2008/safari2) a bug in safari's contains:

http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/source/detail?r=1829#

Since then it looks like Safari's implementation has been
fixed--one of jquery's "contains" implementations doesn't even check
for safari2, and this other one falls back to tree walk (like GWT does
now for all webkits) only for safari2 but otherwise uses contains:

http://bugs.jquery.com/attachment/ticket/2477/safari_contains_2477.diff

(I am admittedly blindly trusting the "< 522" version check in this
diff; I haven't tracked it back to the original safari/webkit bug.)

Is this something worth updating DOMImplSafari for?

It is not really affecting me, I just noticed it while debugging some
mouse events, specifically:

http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=943

- Stephen