On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 10:26 PM, Stephen Haberman <
stephen.haber...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So, is "ant test" supposed to run to completion on a reasonable
> dev machine? I don't know that I've ever had it work, and so don't
> generally run it.

I don't run it that often (we have a distributed test farm to run
everything in parallel at work), but my recollection is it took about 50min
to finish on a 16G / dual Opteron desktop at work (yes, it is old) and
about 40min on my home desktop (12G RAM, Core i7).  I don't know that I
have run it in the last few months.

> But I was feeling guilty tonight, so tried again, went away for awhile,
> and came back to my RAM (12gb) and CPUs both pegged. And lots of these
> in the console:

   [junit] Exception in thread "pool-1-thread-569"
>    java.lang.NullPointerException [junit]      at
>    com.google.gwt.dev.util.DiskCache.transferToStream(DiskCache.java:187)
>    [junit]     at
>
>  com.google.gwt.dev.util.DiskCacheToken.writeObject(DiskCacheToken.java:91)

At the very least, that suggests there is a bug in the DiskCache code that
lets an NPE leak out.  Do you have enough disk space?

--
John A. Tamplin
Software Engineer (GWT), Google