LGTM. I can understand the code now and I'm basically okay with it; the
rest is nitpicks.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1727807/diff/15003/user/src/com/google/gwt/editor/client/impl/SimpleViolation.java
File user/src/com/google/gwt/editor/client/impl/SimpleViolation.java
(right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1727807/diff/15003/user/src/com/google/gwt/editor/client/impl/SimpleViolation.java#newcode134
user/src/com/google/gwt/editor/client/impl/SimpleViolation.java:134:
found = true;
Nit: you could use "break" here and get rid of the "found" variable, but
I suppose that's a matter of preference.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1727807/diff/15003/user/src/com/google/gwt/editor/client/impl/SimpleViolation.java#newcode144
user/src/com/google/gwt/editor/client/impl/SimpleViolation.java:144:
throw new IllegalStateException(originalAbsolutePath);
Hmm... Thomas said to take out the message, but I don't see much point
given the amount of bloat we already have at this level. Maybe keep it
short: "No editor: " +

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1727807/diff/15003/user/src/com/google/gwt/editor/client/impl/SimpleViolation.java#newcode171
user/src/com/google/gwt/editor/client/impl/SimpleViolation.java:171:
boolean isOriginal = addlPath.isEmpty();
Nit: inlining isOriginal seems a bit better.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1727807/diff/15003/user/src/com/google/gwt/editor/client/impl/SimpleViolation.java#newcode199
user/src/com/google/gwt/editor/client/impl/SimpleViolation.java:199: //
No EditorDelegate to attach it to, so fake the source
I don't know what you mean by "fake the source"

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1727807/diff/15003/user/src/com/google/gwt/editor/client/impl/SimpleViolation.java#newcode211
user/src/com/google/gwt/editor/client/impl/SimpleViolation.java:211:
private static String getParentParent(String absolutePath) {
"getParentPath"?

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1727807/