I can try IE9 at home.  I think this will just default to the single
case, which will often work for developers.  If that does work, are we
OK checking this in, or is it a showstopper?

I was considering Elemental, but we have a bunch of code that already
uses FileUpload, especially with the events, and this would make it
much, much easier for us.