On Friday, December 14, 2012 5:18:33 AM UTC-8, Paul Robinson wrote:

> "Tricky" is too strong a word for it. It only takes a small amount of
> code, so that the RPC servlet's doGetSerializationPolicy(...) can fetch the
> serialization policy file from the code server. Once that's done, it just
> works. I never have to think about it or actively do anything to make
> SuperDevMode work with RPC.

There's more to it in the general case, because your servlet might not be
able to connect to the code server. (For example, suppose the servlet is
deployed on App Engine and the code server is on your workstation behind a
firewall.)

So we need a way to securely upload a new security policy to the server.

- Brian