Crosspost from gwt-steering:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/gwt-steering/q9bSOldSBFU/ki5nQk39fJ8J

Hi everyone,

a few days back an interesting thought was raised on the GWT Google+ Group (
https://plus.google.com/u/0/106897772465935627996/posts/MRfCM6GxS6n):

GWT should rebrand

It was suggested that we tink about a few thinks:

- a new logo
- built with GWT badge
- a new nicer looking ui theme
- a better position on developer.google.com
- a nice looking website
- more documentation highlighting html5 features

I want to split this up in several packages that we can start working on.

logo:
I think Christian is already working on a logo?!
How is that coming along? Is there anything we can help with?

gwt badge:
I think a "built with GWT badge" is a good idea, but we could look at this
a little broader. I would like to see a section on the new GWT homepage
about people using GWT and great applications that are built with GWT. I
have no clear idea on how to decide which applications are great and should
be listed, maybe we can leave that to the community to vote on.

homepage:
We already reserved gwtproject.org and have some information on it about
contributing to GWT, but it can serve as a lot more. I want to dedicate
some time to improve gwtproject.org once I get settled in my new job with
the GWT team at Google (I will be moving in the next week and living out of
a hotel, so I don`t expect anything yet in the next weeks).
I already had some people contacting me about helping out with the homepage
and I would volunteer to coordinate efforts if thats fine with everyone.

The starting point for the homepage could be:

1. A simple top level page with a few main links (think about chromium.org)
2. Split between steering / contributing & user space
3. Build up the steering part and how to contribute to GWT first.
4. Over time migrate all documentation to gwtproject.org as well as "people
using" / tutorials / talks and many more resources.

Currently gwtproject is running on app engine. So anything we build should
be easily working with app engine.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts about this

-Daniel