On Friday, April 12, 2013 12:44:14 AM UTC+2, Matthew Dempsky wrote:

>  Once that's working, I'm hoping it's not too much further before we can
> allow commits directly via Gerrit.  :-)

One showstopper, for me, is the presence of the JARs in
tools/api-checker/reference. Before we move to "Git/Gerrit as the source of
truth", we have to find a way to move them out of the source tree, and then
rewrite the whole repo history to totally remove them and plugins/. This
should make the Git repo much smaller.
One simple, short-term, solution would be to move them to GWT_TOOLS. The
long-term solution would be to automatically download them from the Maven
repo, but then we'd need to find a way to work with Google's internal
constraints (I don't know yet how we'd manage the transition to the
modularized GWT, and how/when we'd run the api-checker from the mavenized
build)
As an aside, AFAICT, the api-checker isn't GWT-specific, so we could also
move it to its own Git repo, and only call/use it from the GWT build.