I agree. My thoughts are more towards integrating the good things from
spiffyUI (spiffyui.org) into GWT. Wondering why no a great concept like
SpiffyUI is not going mainstream but the same old JSF like Vaadin is
getting into mainstream. The great thing about thick clients is that, they
can be easily wrapped with android wrappers or IOS wrappers or even JavaFX
wrappers.