On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 11:34 AM, Stephen Haberman <step...@exigencecorp.com
> wrote:

> AFAIK, historically most of the optimizations around "incremental"
> compiles have always required going back to building ResourceOracle,
> TypeOracle from scratch, but speeding it up with caching.

The problem is let's say you change file A.  How do you know what all needs
to be updated in TypeOracle?  I am sure you can keep track of it, but it
will require keeping much more data than is currently kept so you can
incrementally update TypeOracle's data structures.  For example, let's say
you remove an interface from a class.  Even if you walk down the
inheritance tree, you can't just remove that interface, because some other
ancestor might have implemented it.  The same sort of thing goes in many
other places.

Note that TypeOracle memory requirements has been a problem in the past for
large internal apps.

--
John A. Tamplin