On Wednesday, October 16, 2013 9:04:00 AM UTC+2, Michael Vogt wrote:

> Thank you for your answers.
>
> Thomas, are the Gradle files with your changes available somewhere? Do
> you think they will be ready to use for GWT.create?

Not yet. I'll publish it soon though (probably on GitHub, until it's done)

> In regards to the Eclipse read me file, I have the feeling that this
> can be improved, and optional steps marked accordingly. I could work
> on it, when this is ok to do.

Sure it could be improved!
For instance, we removed the "order check" in checkstyle one year ago
(almost to the day), i.e. we no longer enforce the ordering of methods by
visibility and name, so the configuration in Eclipse can be removed.
FYI, we got rid of it because changing the visibility of a method would
have meant to move it in the file, which makes reviews harder than
necessary. We defer to good judgement and code reviews where to put new
methods (and we might re-introduce some checkstyle checks)

One thing that could be done during the workshop is updating the checkstyle
configuration files to the new format so we're no longer tied to an old
version of checkstyle!