Thank you Thomas,

I'm not 100% sure the fact that JDT embed other the Jar due to OSGi, it
could be but I've never used that feature. And it sound weird to me as then
JDT should be used in an OSGi environment (yes Eclipse is based on OSGi,
but I don't think GWT Ant build starts any OSGi environment)

I mean, I remember it is possible to do embed jars, but OSGi does not
mandate to do that, and in fact I use OSGi exactly for the opposite reason:
to not have 20 MB .war files with all the libs embedded in it.

In OSGi the manifest is used to declare dependencies, it works at the level
of packages (instead of artifacts like Maven), you declare dependencies on
packages and packages exported by it. It is a bit complex sometime but
allow to have a good modularity for applications.

What I would like to do, is to OSGI-fy GWT-Servlet (at first, and if it
works the same could be applied to requestfactory) so it can be used inside
an OSGi container.

In that case, the GWT-Servlet could be deployed as a bundle providing the
GWT classe, it will be available as a "platform library", and web
application will not need to embed it (I remember time ago I was putting
libraries in Tomcat endorsed folder, consider it something like that but
standardized).

I will try to add the BND Ant Task on the GWT Build and if it work I will
report it and we can evaluate if it is ok to use it also for the official
release.

Regards,
Cristiano