For JSON, you'd have go pretty far out of your way to get attacked, like
with eval (rather than any of the safe built-in tools), or, ya know,
forgetting to run SSL and having someone intercept your server
communication. This isn't GWT specific, you just have to ignore basic web
security stuff for these.

GWT doesn't run on the server, so XSRF issues don't really apply to GWT
itself. To be attacked in this way, the server needs to accept requests
from remote (i.e. attacking) sites without doing something to confirm that
they came from the real app. The default RPC and RequestFactory servlets
don't do any session or auth management, so don't have a specific
vulnerability, but a POST sent to them from an attacking site that is
treated as a request from the app itself entirely based on the contents of
a cookie (i.e. jsessionid) could be an attack vector. As I said though,
RPC/RF don't build in any security but leave it to the app to decide what a
user is, what a session is - the code that is reading the HTTP request and
deciding that a request is valid is responsible for that. Both RPC and RF
have ways to add some content to the body that keyed off of something only
a real request from the user should know.