Hey,

At one time I was shepherding through the GWT-RPC patch for supporting
final fields.

One of the unpleasant aspects of the patch as that, instead of just
fixing the bug, and serializing final fields always, there was a knob
of serialize final fields true, false, and false_nowarn.

This, coupled with the existing gwt.suppressNonStaticFinalFieldWarnings
meant that 80% of the patch was passing around settings and doing
conditional warnings. And tests for each of the settings.

I'd like to propose instead just always serializing final fields. And
no warnings. We can put it in the release notes. "Final fields are now
serialized".

Previously there was a concern that GWT users might be knowingly or
unknowingly putting sensitive values into fields of objects that are
serialized by GWT-RPC, but since the fields were final, these sensitive
values were not going over the wire. But now they would.

This seems both remote and nonsensical to me (that anyone would do it
on purpose).

I'd like to resubmit the patch, with no knobs, to just always serialize
final fields. It's simpler and is what should have been happening all
long anyway.

Any objections? Brian?

- Stephen