AFAIK I see no reason why symbolMaps are incompatible with
collapse-all-properties.

SymbolMaps seem to be controlled by compiler.useSymbolMap property and are
emitted by SymbolMapsLinker.

Perhaps on one of the permutations that property is set to false? Line 261
in SymbolMapsLinker.java seems to only care about the last value of the
property.

I am not familiar with this part of GWT but looking at
SymbolMapsLinker.link there seems to be a pathway where if onePermutation
is false nothing is emitted.