Although I also think that this may be a bad workflow problem, I also think
that for some use cases this patch might be helpful.

For me, this problem appears in two cases.

Case 1. A reporting app which loads reporting data for a long period and
allow client side analysis. The request load ~5mb (compressed is less than
600k). In this case I admit that a re-think is the best solution because
requestfactory it's really bad loading bulk data. Request-factory its
perfect for editor framework or similar graph data request, but it's not
useful for bulk ValueProxy data loading.

Case 2. A translation tool which loads all translations to allow offline
editing. This request load a ~1mb (1500 keys with per-language translation
and metadata). This request is done in the the first time an user login,
but most of the time this data is loaded from the local storage, so I think
that this use case must be supported by request-factory. With this patch,
this works fine, without this patch, usually this first load usually fires
the 'slow script' popup.