Just to summarize:
- GSS will be available in GWT 2.7
- GSS will use the CssResource interface and your file needs to end with
the .gss extension
- GSS will not be enabled by default. To enable it: add
<set-configuration-property
name="CssResource.enableGss" value="true" /> in your module file.
- Once enabled, all the CssResource interfaces will be generated by the new
GssResourceGenerator
- If your app uses still old css file compatible with the GWT-CSS syntax
you will need to enable the automatic conversion of these files to GSS. To
do that: add <set-configuration-property name="CssResource.legacy"
value="true" /> in your module file.
- The GSS parser and compiler is more strict than the old one. If you meet
some issue in this automatic conversion, you can also enable the lenient
mode: <set-configuration-property name="CssResource.conversionMode"
value="lenient" />
- When GSS is enabled, we have to use an attribute gss="true" in your
uibinder inline style (<ui:style>) in order to enable GSS

We decide to go with the memory conversion because it is the way to move
forward. The goal is to enable GSS (with the automatic conversion not
enabled by default) and remove the CssResourceGenerator in the next
release. So we want people test this strategy in order to fix possible
issue and ensure that the automatic conversion is stable.