Yes, merging the jars should be fine as a short-term fix.

Codeserver should be built as a separate library to enforce that there are
no circular dependencies. (We already have one for DevMode -superDevMode
but that should be fixed by splitting out DevMode; it doesn't belong in the
same library as the compiler.)

Long term, we will also want to split gwt-user into multiple jars. It seems
like we should either give plugins a way to set up the classpath properly
without hard-coding exactly which jars to use, or else plan on building the
traditional all-in-one jars when creating the distribution.