If you mean replacing the DevMode plugin with pure JS in Chrome Dev
Tools, I don't think it's practical. You need synchronously re-entrant
code execution. Javascript's only synchronous blocking call is XHR
sync. But you also need re-entrancy, and when you are
debugging/pausing execution, you run into additional hurdles. Many
people have tried hacks to do this, with Applets, with XHR, it's
possible in theory if you rewrite all code sent to the browser to use
continuations. I would advocate just continuing to make IDE
integration with SDM better.