On Thursday, February 12, 2015 at 2:35:36 AM UTC+1, Ali Akhtar wrote:

> I have a maven layout, and the ui.xml file is in src/main/resources, in
> the same package as the Java class. So I don't think that's the case here.
>
> Also the file does get picked up, it just requires an SDM restart to pick
> up some of the changes.

How do you launch SDM?
If you're using the gwt-maven-plugin, it won't include src/main/resources
(or other resource dirs) as resources could be filtered, and/or with
inclusion/exclusion patterns and/or relocation. That means you have to run
"mvn process-resources" to copy the resources to target/classes where
they'll be picked up by GWT. Eclipse should do that automatically on file
save IIRC.
Alternatively, you can put your ui.xml et al. in src/main/java.
Maybe the gwt-maven-plugin could be enhanced to detect the common case
where resources are neither filtered nor relocated and automatically add
them to the DevMode/CodeServer classpath. Patches welcome.