In practice, the overloading is only a problem if the interface is
implemented by a java class. I'm already planning to relax the rules so
that the check for overloads will fail only if there is a java implementor
of the interface.
For constructors and static methods see:
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/google-web-toolkit-contributors/L6uh96NcZtE/discussion
(not implemented yet)