My thoughts are pretty much exactly what Colin said.

Without GC it's not a reasonable target for Java cross compilation because
you'd have to embed your own GC implementation into the output.

That being said, they plan to add GC, which will make it more attractive.
But WebAssembly would probably be even less readable than current GWT
output. So it might be good for GWT apps that don't interoperate with any
external JS and might be bad for those that do interoperate wtih external
JS.