I think a flag to disable the enhanced classes feature isn't worth it. Apps
that need that feature will stop working so they won't use that flag. Apps
that do not use this feature are not vulnerable unless the attacker can
also control the content of the rpc policy file somehow.

I would output a compile error if rpc.enhancedClasses is not empty and/or
JPA/JDO annotated classes are detected for RPC serialization. That makes
sure everyone is aware of that security issue.
Then we would provide a flag to disable that compile error which means
people must explicitly confirm that they understand that their app will be
attackable through internet if they have the required classes on class path
on the server. I think current exploits are all based on apache
commons-collections but maybe additional libraries have already been
discovered to make that deserialization exploit possible.

So I think that issue is important enough to make GWT compiles of possibly
vulnerable apps stop working unless the user has set a flag to make it
compile again.

-- J.