> About github pages with custom domains, the only minor I see is that it
> does not supports https, but currently our site is not https enabled, so
> not a big deal in the short time.

Yes but its possible to put cloudflare.com in front of it to get free SSL
on the domain. I have done that for my domain. You would use a CNAME from
domain.tld  -> account.github.io and choose full SSL in cloudflare. Then
you have SSL between browser <-> cloudflare using the cloudflare cert and
SSL between cloudflare <-> github using the github cert. Its not fully
end-to-end encrypted but IMHO good enough.

But Github has some limits:

   - GitHub Pages source repositories have a recommended limit of 1GB

<https://help.github.com/articles/what-is-my-disk-quota/#file-and-repository-size-limitations>

   .
   - Published GitHub Pages sites have a 1GB recommended limit.
   - GitHub Pages sites have a recommended bandwidth limit of 100GB or
   100,000 requests per month.
   - GitHub Pages sites have a recommended limit of 10 builds per hour.

-- J.