Hi there,

Actually, the GitHub repo is only a mirror;
in http://www.gwtproject.org/makinggwtbetter.html#workingoncode we point to
the "real" repo.
As you already cloned the repo, you can "fix" this using:
$ git remote set-url origin https://gwt.googlesource.com/gwt

A few notes based on your screenshot even before you try again to upload
your patch:
I see you downloaded the commit-msg hook, but you might have done it "too
late", as it didn't apply to your commit message (oh well, that window
doesn't show the change being indexed/staged, so maybe you hadn't committed
yet?). Amending your commit (from the Git GUI, check "amend previous
commit", then commit again) should fix this.
Your commit message will be a bit cryptic when looked at a few
weeks/months/years from now; I'd suggest something like:
   Remove coercion to null in Element#getPropertyObject

   Now that Boolean and Doubles are never boxed, the coercion to null
   meant that getPropertyObject will actually coerce a boolean false or
   number 0 or NaN to null rather than returning a java.lang.Boolean or
   java.lang.Double respectively.
   There's a small breaking change for empty-string values that would
   no longer be coerced to null.

   Bug: #9455
   Bug-Link: https://github.com/gwtproject/gwt/issues/9455

(note: I'm not extra-sure about the note on empty strings; do you think you
could test this to confirm?)

Last, but not least, do you think you could add some tests to the
ElementTest#testProperties? (using setPropertyObject/getPropertyObject with
boolean true and false, double 0, NaN and a non-zero value –e.g. 42–, and
an empty and non-empty strings)
If you don't find/know how to actually run the test, don't worry: push in
the change, add a comment to the review (you'll get the direct link in the
console after you push) that you didn't run the test, and I'll take care of
verifying it.