+dramaix

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/google-web-toolkit-contributors/bpJDcYWLJDk/tY1NeT2tAQAJ

> I'm a big user of Elemental 1, and I'm thinking about custom generating my
> own framework instead of using Elemental 2 so that I can have an API that
> works better with my own workflow. Being able to see the existing code
> generator would help me in knowing how much work would be involved and
> would allow me to avoid duplicating effort.

Writing a generic generator is complex task since Closure and TypeScript
type system are quite rich. Our generator is already over 25k and growing.
It might be more trivial if you just target a subset and gave up strictness
of the types in the API (e.g. using Object when you see union types).

> If that's not possible, would it be possible to at least get some details
> about the implementation? Is it written in Python like Elemental 1 was or
> is it written in Java? What data sources does it consume? Does it take
> Typescript or Web IDL as input or something else?

It is written in Java and supports 2 entry points:
  1- TypeScript input which uses official TypeScript parser/AST.
  2- Closure extern files which uses Closure compiler / AST.

Both entry points end up creating a common Java model that rest of the
generation pipeline runs over and finalizes the Java APIs.