In the company I work for, IE11 is still the default browser (in a stupid IE7
compatibility mode by default, so I never have to forget X-UA-Compatible meta
tag).
AFAIK gwt uses gecko1_8 permutation for IE11 and not the ie10 permutation, so
I don't think there's some IE specific in the build. In my projects I've
stopped building browser depending permutations three years ago (must be the
end of the mainstream support of IE 9 and 10). The "safari" permutation works
for me in all cases.