To prepare GWT for j2cl we need to move the modules out of GWT, replace
generators with ATP, etc. This is in progress and the first modules
(SNAPSHOT) are released.

Migrating gwt-safehtml and gwt-safecss runs into a problem, cause
gwt-safehtml depends on gwt-safecss and gwt-safecss depends on
gwt-safehtml. This is a serious issue, cause one can not be build and
tested without the other.

To solve this issue, we are looking for solutions.

One solution might be to move the tests out of gwt-safehtml. But then
gwt-safehtml needs to be build and deployed before the tests run and might
be deployed with failing tests. That looks like a bad solution.  At the
moment the idea is to move the sources and tests from gwt-safecss into
gwt-safehtml and delete gwt-safecss. This will remove the cycle dependency
between these two modules, but doing so, the module will be the first
module that contains two old modules in one new.

Any other ideas how to solve this issue?