Thomas, I have explained this many times already.

Teams in the enterprise I work and probably many other teams worldwide are
using DevMode with "GWT Eclipse Plugin" or other similar practices during
development for a single click experience.

You seem to be suggesting that we should all abandon such practices and
start running separate CodeServer instances and servlet container instances
during development which will reduce productivity.

If you remove support for DevMode you will damage the projects that rely on
it.

Regarding the workaround,
it can keep working unless you remove DevMode support.
Also, if I ever reach a dead end one day it would be because of a GWT
structural change which would be unexpected.

If you are still believe I am wasting time then I am sorry but you are
forcing me to say that you are being one-sided.