Just access it. In JSNI, 'final', and 'private' do not exist.

You'll need to read up on JSNI. Here's an example:

public static native callGetSplitElement(HorizontalSplitPanel panel) /
*-{
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]::getSplitElement()
();
}-*/;

Note the double ()(). The first () is part of the getSplitElement
signature (namely, the parameter list). The second () is the actual
parameters. In this case, getSplitElement has no parameters, so it's
just ()().

Also, you're still using private parts of an API. If you use these
tricks, your code is most likely not going to work with the next
version of GWT. Even a small point release might change things around.
You've been warned!