Hello, I am new to GWT (3 months of experience) and we are running an
servlet inside an application server which we want to call from within
hosted mode.

The problem is not necessarily local (my case), since hosted mode is
great for debugging and really time-saving. The problem is as follows:

You have client-side code which you run in hosted mode. After you
define your interface, any servlet that implements it can be queried
via RPC (through interface's methods). So you decide to make server-
side code available and connect it with your applications through GWT
=> the servlet should handle the requests from/to the application that
calls it. How do we set the target URL of the servlet path in the
config  module .gwt.xml ? Is it something we're missing? Since the
ServiceDefTarget.setServiceEntryPoint function needs a relative, how
can I specify an absolute URL for the servlet?

Thanks a lot, bye