The 'hash tokens' are bookmarks to element ids within a page.

This use for the bookmarks is outside of their original purpose.

What is surprising is that Firefox fails to use them as bookmarks to the
element in question.

Using tokens as bookmarks and history tokens at the same time is a bit like
calling your dog 'Stay'.

"Come here, Stay!"

Ian

--