I am doing some reflection on GWT client UI code. I do the reflection
(like checking if a client class is of an "isAssignableForm" on the
server side. I do not want to instantiate the GWT client UI classes on
the server I only want to check some meta/reflection information about
the superclass ...etc and I get this exception:

Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: ERROR:
GWT.create() is only usable in client code!  It cannot be called, for
example, from server code.  If you are running a unit test, check that
your test case extends GWTTestCase and that GWT.create() is not called
from within an initializer or constructor.
  at com.google.gwt.core.client.GWT.create(GWT.java:91)
  at com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.UIObject.<clinit>(UIObject.java:
139)

This used to work just fine with GWT 1.4. Why is it necessary to
prevent any reflection calls of client code on the server side. Seems
like overkill. I can see the need to prevent the client UI classes
from being accidentally used on the server side but this prevents my
ability to do reflection.

-Sam