askar: Did you try to contribute to GWT?

They accept anyone, and are willing to listen to any patch proposal
you have, provided you of course do the work. It doesn't look like
anyone cares if you actually work at google. This meritocracy system
is essentially the same as any open source project, so what possible
good would it do if google 'completely transfer it to open source
community'.