It depends if you're talking about ExtGWT or Gwt-ext. Nevertheless, I
usually recommend to avoid both of them. You're better off in the long
run using your own widgets or ones in the incubator. Gwt-ext amounts
to a bunch of JSNI calls to the ExtJS library. Its performance is
atrocious and it has far too many quirks (event handling is way
different, hard to integrate with GWT widgets, etc). The widgets in
that library are nowhere near the level of quality that you get from
the regular GWT ones.

The ExtGWT library is licensed under GPL v3.0, so it can't be used in
commercial apps. I haven't tried it so I won't comment. However, from
what I've heard, you're better off using the standard GWT widgets and
maybe some stuff from the incubator (although some if it is really
quirky).

Regards,
Arthur Kalmenson