Hi

Perhaps a way is not to keep all the lines in the scroll panel - only
the last 100 or so. When new lines are added after 100 remove the old
ones and if you need to, keep them in a buffer. Then when someone
scrolls back up past 100 lines you can add them back to the buffer.
In other words the scroll bar is virtual.

Hth
Len