Found this googling...

"
Sounds like you got a 64-bit setup.

Tough luck. Won't work. When it's out, buy an OS that can interop 32-
bit and 64-bit properly, I guess. (Mac OS X Leopard).

Alternatively, complile the relevant .so (libswt-pi-gtk) yourself
using gcc, or try and find a 64-bit version. SWT is hosted somewhere
on www.eclipse.org, and you should be able to just replace the .so
file, though it MUST be the same version (3235), or it won't
interoperate with the SWT class files used by GWT. You may be able to
replace swt.jar if that file even exists with a newer version if you
can't find a 3235 64-bit version. (GWT may have integrated those files
into the main JAR file which will make your life very difficult).
If you get stuck, well, the GWT -Compiler- won't need that library so
that will still work. Just can't use hosted mode.
"

Cheers,
Amit

--