My understanding is that it will contain tools to ease development of
GWT apps in Eclipse (project wizards, code assist, compilation
assitance, maybe deployment aids). They don't plan to include any GUI
development pieces so it will be complementary to GWT Designer. We
might even layer GWT Designer on top of it, if it offers any
capabilities beyond what we have now.