Not sure I understand your question.  Yes, viisibility of the Session
in your service handling code is awkward, but you have figured out
what to do, as demonstrated by your code.

I have to say that this is yet another example of jumping through all
sorts of hoops trying to do custom authentication when you could much
more easily use HTTP Basic or Digest and get on with writing your
application.  If you would like help with HTTP Basic or Digest, give a
holler.

Walden